Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I handed in my finished term paper this morning, which is also the last day which we can post blog entries before the grading begins. So, having arrived at the end of the line in regards to this class on oral traditions, what do I know now that I didn't know before taking the class?

For one, that Francis Yates makes for dense reading, but contains very evocative pictures in the book in addition to evocative theories. But I've also come to see that the oral tradition, while in the past, still influences the present(as the past seems apt to do; the reason for this is memory). It seems that most everything to some extant or another is interconnected with everything else, which is what the ancient myths understood and articulated very plainly, and which the literate culture would do well to remember.

So what were the chances of my figuring this out? One in three, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment